Saturday, October 24, 2015

The New York Mets are heading to the World Series

Years of long suffering have been worth all of this, the unexpected. Nobody coming into the season had the New York Metropolitans in the playoffs, let alone the World Series. But here we are, 3 days away from something not seen by the Mets faithful fans in nearly 15 years.

The season was over nearly a dozen times this season. Until Sandy Alderson manned up and finally decided to listen to his fan base. He made 3 crucial trades that has positively effected this ball club and he's never looked back. Without that strong showing at the trade deadline, the Mets are most likely in second place, watching next week's World Series from their couches.

I have waited a long time for this, as a die hard Mets fan.The fact that this team has faced every single side of adversity and is in the World Series still has not hit me yet. I guess you could say I am in shock, but that's because these moments are just surreal. You can also bet your behind that there will be chills going down my spine when I watch the game on Tuesday Night.

The "lovable losers" are even more lovable. This is gravy, as Terry Collins and many other Mets fans have reiterated. I am not going to settle for a World Series appearnce though, I want this World Series and I want the Mets to take the damn thing!

Whatever the result is come the end of the season though, I will be thrilled nonetheless. It's the Mets time and hopefully they have 4 more wins left in them, if not, they obviously will not go down without a fight.



No comments:

Post a Comment